1.21.2010

and then she was a big girl..



although i've only been a parent for less than 2 years..i'm pretty sure every parent has that moment. that moment when you realize your "baby", which will ALWAYS be your "baby" is indeed not quite a "baby" anymore. i had this moment yesterday morning. liv has been saying new words everyday. she wasn't quite putting many words together yet, but my "baby's" first sentence was yesterday morning & i have to share. picture this: first thing in the morning, before my cup of coffee.. im popping some waffles in the toaster for liv. i have on an actual nightgown which is different than my normal pajama pants. i would have never thought about that fact but its amazing how these lil tots notice everything. she quickly comes tottin up to me, raises my nightgown, bends down and checks out my rear. i turn around to look at her and clear as day with a bit of a texas drawl asks, " you gotta dress on momma?"


that moment continued when i saw my little darlin standing on her stool all by her lonesome scrubbing those pearly whites. she may be officially a "big girl" but (cue mariah carey music here).."she'll always be my baby."

2 comments:

Courtney said...

haha! I love this!

This is MY Life said...

I have had a few moments like this lately too! I feel ya girl :) cue the tears.